Invisible Aligner and braces is modern approach to
straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for you
and only you. These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and
virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. Wearing the
aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the
exact movements your dentist or orthodontist plans out for you. There are no
metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. The patient is supposed to
wear the trays as instructed and check ups are done every 6-8 weeks by the
orthodontist or dentist to monitor the progress.
- They are not visible so adult patients not wanting to wear braces can
get their teeth corrected.
- They are removable so the patients do not have restrictions on food
as those with the fixed appliances.
- As they are removable, the forces do not act on the teeth all the
- Patient cooperation is very important.
- Only mild to moderate malocclusions can be treated efficiently and
effectively as the control needed over teeth for complex movements is
less with Invisalign/ ClearPath/ Clear Aligner as compared to that
exerted by fixed braces.
- Patients may experience speech problems for a few days.
In many cases, it may not be possible to achieve the best possible
aesthetic smile; functional and stable results without repositioning teeth
with orthodontic appliances. These patients have the option of choosing
appliances which are not very visible or not visible at all. Due to recent
advances in orthodontics, the time taken for orthodontic corrections has
reduced. In most cases aesthetic improvements can be achieved in a few weeks
to a few months.
Invisalign is not available in India as of now.